Why Hire An Accident Attorney?
Negligent parties and their insurance companies might be quick to offer a cash settlement after you suffer injuries in a car accident. You might be tempted to accept the offer and to put the accident behind you.
Accepting an early settlement offer, however, will likely require you to waive your right to obtain a greater amount of damages that are owed to you to fully compensate you for your injuries.
7 Reasons To Hire An Accident Attorney
Our Pittsburgh car accident lawyers have represented many accident victims to recover damages awards that are significantly larger than early cash offers. Our attorneys understand the reservations that accident victims might have about hiring an accident attorney, and can identify many reasons why you should hire an accident attorney after you have suffered injuries in a car accident:
- Injured parties that hire accident attorneys often recover greater damages than unrepresented parties. Even after an accident attorney’s fees are deducted from the award, the injured party often receives a larger net recovery.
- Retaining an accident attorney will cost nothing up front. The car accident and negligence attorneys at Chaffin Luhana, for example, earn their fees from the amounts that are recovered during settlement negotiations or at trial.
- Insurance companies hire teams of lawyers. An accident victim that attempts to negotiate with experienced insurance company attorneys can get lost in the legal jargon and maneuvers that those attorneys use. An experienced accident attorney can place an injured party’s case on a level playing field.
- Insurance companies use formulas that reduce an injured party’s case to a handful of impersonal factors. A skilled and knowledgeable car accident lawyer can emphasize the personal impact of a party’s injuries to overcome the objections that insurance companies use to argue for reduced settlement offers.
- A negligent party and his or her insurance company might argue that an injured party was more than 50% responsible for an accident. Under Pennsylvania’s modified comparative negligence standard, that argument can preclude an injured party’s opportunity to recover damages. An accident attorney will counter this argument and place the blame for the accident squarely with the negligent party.
- You have everything to gain when you hire an accident attorney. If your accident lawyer is unable to recover damages for you, you will owe nothing.
- Your damages and losses may be larger than you realize. Where injuries are serious, a person might require months or years of medical services. Injuries can keep people away from work, leading to a loss of salary and reduced employment opportunities. An injured party’s pain and suffering can interfere with that person’s ability to enjoy his or her daily life and meaningful relationships with loved ones. An accident attorney will fight to recover compensation for the full amount of a party’s losses and injuries.
An Accident Attorney Will Fight For You
Beyond these reasons, the greater rationale for hiring an accident attorney is to have someone who will look out for your best interests in negotiations and proceedings that are very adversarial.
Your accident attorney will remove uncertainty from the process for you and provide you with objective advice and guidance while challenging the negligent parties and their insurance companies who have little or no interest in paying you the damages that you deserve.
Call Chaffin Luhana for Representation in Accident Lawsuits
Please see our website or call us directly to speak with one of our car accident attorneys about the prospects of recovering the largest available damages award in your case.