Chief Operating Officer
**IMPORTANT TO APPLY**
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do NOT apply through the contact information on the website.
To Apply: You must call 866-860-1262 and follow the step-by-step instructions. Failure to do so will result in us ignoring your application.
Who You Are:
You wear every hat in the closet and make things happen. You’re all about tenacity, versatility, and grit. You understand the importance of the big picture but can instantly zoom in to even the smallest of details to solve problems and create success. You are NOT looking for a boring and easy job, and you put 110% into everything you do. You are disciplined, motivated, and don’t settle for anything less than perfection. You thrive in a growing, changing, and ever-evolving atmosphere. You want to be part of a nationally recognized, collaborative, and downright bad ass team. You have:
- Proven experience as a Chief Operations Officer or relevant role.
- 5+ years’ experience managing a complex enterprise’s multidisciplinary teams, including human resources, finances, operations, marketing, and strategies.
- 5+ years’ experience managing, developing, and empowering teams.
- High EQ with a natural ability to connect and build relationships.
- Proven experience in strategic planning and business development.
- Experience driving efficiencies through process improvement.
- Proactive, assertive, take charge, and competitive tendencies.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- A Highly analytical mind, with the ability to problem solve, execute quickly, and communicate effectively across teams.
- A high-level understanding of all business functions such as IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations.
- A proven track record of outstanding performance in a previous complex enterprise.
- Served in a Director of Operations or COO role at a high-growth entrepreneurial organization ($40M+ in annual revenue) that grew by at least $20M during your tenure.
- Managed an organization with 100+ team members.
- Passionate about career development and growth of team members at every level.
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) for Businesses.
Who We Are:
Chaffin Luhana LLP is a fast moving, high growth personal injury law firm that is all about changing injured lives by litigating personal injury, pharmaceutical and medical device cases. Clients retain us for the experience of working with us. We are the best at what we do. We live by our motto, Doing Good by Doing Right™. We are authentic about who we are. We are not the cheapest and we don’t want to be. Our attorneys have pedigree, leadership, and market knowledge which strengthens our ability to market and litigate cases.
We work hard and stay humble. Our core values:
- Results Driven: We win only if clients win; act with growth mindset to relentlessly execute and achieve; break point and solutions focused; hard work produces results.
- Expect the Best: Take pride in delivering best-in-class client service & experience; strive to be the best in court & out; goes above and beyond for clients and team; accountable; gets things done right; reputation outweighs all.
- Compassionate & Authentic: Appropriately empathetic; relates to clients as people; shows courage by breeding confidence and gracefully providing support and expertise in a reassuring manner.
- In It Together: Client and team focused; commitment to the firm’s vision; act for greater good; carry your weight; bring others along; act with civility, candor, and respect.
- Innovative Growth: Forward thinking; knowledgeable; quick learner; enthusiasm for growth; change ready; embrace technology.
In the spirit of humble bragging, here are some of our awards and accolades:
- Boutique firm that has grown from a team of four to over 50 with four office locations.
- Over $1 billion recovered by our attorneys for plaintiffs nationwide.
- Our motto is Doing Good by Doing Right™.
- We run the Chaffin Luhana Foundation, and a spokesperson is a prominent NFL player with aligned values.
- Appointed by state and federal judges to lead multiple national product liability litigations including the Zantac and Paraquat litigations currently.
- Former state and federal prosecutors.
- Former large defense firm attorneys.
- Multiple SuperLawyers over multiple years across our offices.
- Featured speakers on business and emerging mass torts.
- We wrote the book for our clients on buying auto insurance “What You Need to Know about Auto Insurance in Pennsylvania”.
- Cases and attorneys have been featured on ABC’s Good Morning America, CNBC’s “Power Lunch”, and ABC World News, and in Trial Lawyer Magazine, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Forbes, and the Wall Street Journal.
What You’ll Do:
We operate on EOS. As the COO and Integrator, you will oversee all aspects of firm operations to ensure the organization is able to continue to scale rapidly. The COO will architect a strong infrastructure that empowers firm growth. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the firm’s operations by optimizing our capabilities to maximize client satisfaction.
To ensure success this person should have a clear understanding of our firm’s core values and culture. Top candidates will be exemplary leaders, have superb business acumen and have a sound understanding of business strategies.
The COO role is a key member of the senior leadership team, reporting to the equity Partners. He or she will have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader.
This position is expected to be an empowering day-to-day influence for the team, providing strategic initiative, operational leadership, ensuring consistency, connectivity, and best practice to facilitate accelerating growth and long-term organizational success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Integrating our Partners’ vision.
- Driving the firm’s operating capabilities to surpass client satisfaction and retention, and firm goals.
- Assessing and implementing improved processes and new technologies and collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Develop financial strategies for acquiring working capital and forecasting and leading revenue growth.
- Compiling the operating budget and tracking the variance to actual financial performance
- Support team leads through development of team member KPI goals, scorecards and milestones, and accountability to the same.
- Controlling firm costs and introducing tactical initiatives to address losses.
- Delegating responsibilities to ensure team members grow as capable participants.
- Employing various initiatives to coach team members to optimize their capabilities.
- Working with in-house recruiter to execute recruiting initiatives.
- Working with the Firm Trainer to successfully onboard and train new team members.
- Read, analyze, and interpret firm data.
- Working with team leads to complete performance reviews for team members coaching and mentoring of team leads through transparency and sharing of information.
- This position is expected to require limited periodic travel to the firm’s New York Office from Pittsburgh.
Perks – A few benefits you’re sure to enjoy:
- Health insurance with a monthly premium per diem offering dental and vision options
- Generous PTO and Holiday Package.
- 401(k) with firm match (aka, free money).
- Free Gym Membership to GreenTree SportsPlex in the Pittsburgh office.
- Charitable donations to the charity of your choice made on your behalf annually by the Chaffin Luhana Foundation.
- An outside COO Coach to help you grow.
- If you are the right fit, but not in Pittsburgh already, don’t worry – we will pay to get you here (relocation expenses covered)!
- Be a part of a firm that is growing and make your mark.