Mass Tort Case Specific Managing Attorney
**IMPORTANT TO APPLY**
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do NOT apply through the contact information on the website.
To Apply: You must call 866-665-0834 and follow the step-by-step instructions. Failure to do so will result in us ignoring your application.
- This is an Of Counsel/Partner track level position that will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the case-specific litigation of the firm’s rapidly growing mass tort inventory. If you are unsure what this type of position entails, you are not the right person. The candidate should have demonstrated experience in managing or supporting management of case specific mass tort inventories that grew from the hundreds to the thousands, such that the person is familiar with what is necessary to scale the staffing and support of the growing inventory of cases.
- Work closely with teams to ensure that SOL, filing and discovery deadlines are fully and accurately met, and that cases are vetted to required criteria to maximize clients’ claims.
- Ensure high-quality client service for all firm mass tort clients.
- Lead, manage and hold accountable, paralegal and attorney project teams to drive results in cases.
- Ensure value is ethically maximized for clients in gross recovery and lien resolution.
- Manage case-specific mass tort department budget including specific project costs.
- Drive disbursements on cases and revenue to the firm.
- Must have at least 2-10 years of personal injury litigation experience (mass tort litigation experience a plus but not necessary) or demonstrated knowledge of work in the medical field with general litigation experience.
- Federal or state clerkship a plus.
- Position will report in person to the NYC office or Pittsburgh Office.
- Excellent analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Caring and compassionate attitude with clients that’s consistent with firm’s core value of Doing Good by Doing Right.
- Strive for excellence, expecting the best work product produced by our teams.
- Innovative Growth mindset—eager to become an invaluable member of the Chaffin Luhana team.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite and demonstrated comfort with technology.
- We are paperless and expect you to be the same.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills – things get busy!
- High attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Admission to the bar of any state is sufficient – most of our mass tort cases are national.
Perks – A few benefits you’re sure to enjoy:
- Salary based on prior experience and incentive bonus based on KPIs.
- 401(k) with very attractive firm matching.
- Health and dental insurance—we cover most (if not all) of the premiums (for typical team member) and we kick in up to $750 in an HSA.
- FSA account—transit and healthcare.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for pure fun and recharging, 9 yearly holidays paid so you can enjoy your friends and family and separate sick/bereavement days for those unfortunate times you need it.
- We strive to close the entire firm between Christmas & New Year’s every year so the entire team can recharge their batteries with family and start the year fresh!
- Bonusly awards—peer-to-peer recognition app—think Facebook for the team with cool .gifs (and rewards funded by the firm)!
- Free annual dollars for continuing education!
- A strong company culture with cool rewards, annual firm retreat and a spectacular holiday dinner!
- Philanthropy— our motto is Doing Good by Doing Right in our practice and in our communities – you’ll get to participate in meaningful causes outside of the firm!
- Team members also get to nominate their own charities for the CL Foundation to support during the holidays—putting their own mark on our Doing Good by Doing Right motto!