Mass Tort Common Benefit Attorney
**IMPORTANT TO APPLY**
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do NOT apply through the contact information on the website.
To Apply: You must call 866-913-3196 and follow the step-by-step instructions. Failure to do so will result in us ignoring your application.
- Perform high-level discovery in complex pharmaceutical MDL litigation.
- Work closely with experts in developing reports and defending their depositions.
- Strategic development and coordination of the scientific support in pharmaceutical and medical device products liability litigation.
- Conduct discovery of defense scientific employees including medical directors, epidemiologists, PV directors, and regulatory personnel.
- Take and defend third-party depositions including of scientific authors, treating doctors and case-specific witnesses.
- Review medical records to confirm diagnosis, treatment, and causes of injuries.
- Work with case-specific experts to develop case theories and reports.
- Depose treating doctors and defense case-specific experts.
- Manage cross-firm teams on science, ESI and discovery committees.
- This is a unique high-level partnership track position for an accomplished mass tort attorney who wishes to join an innovative and growing plaintiff-only law firm with a national presence and footprint that is focused on meaningfully impacting its’ clients’ lives and the safety of pharmaceutical and medical devices, among other products.
- Must have at least 6+ years of pharmaceutical litigation experience with demonstrated significant experience in working on scientific causation (either for the plaintiffs or defense) preferably in a committee or steering committee capacity.
- Position will report to the NYC office but can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
- Federal clerkship or state court mass tort clerkship a plus.
- Undergraduate, master or doctoral degrees in the sciences, medicine or engineering a plus.
- Large firm product liability defense experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team mindset with a strong interest in working with cross-functional groups with scientific and non-scientific backgrounds.
- Caring and compassionate attitude with clients that’s consistent with firm’s core value of Doing Good by Doing Right.
- Strive for excellence, expecting the best work product produced by our teams.
- Innovative Growth mindset—eager to become an invaluable member of the Chaffin Luhana team.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite and demonstrated comfort with technology including ESI discovery.
- We are paperless and expect you to be the same.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills – things get busy!
- High attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Admission to the bar of any state is sufficient – most of our mass tort cases are national.
Perks – A few benefits you’re sure to enjoy:
- Salary based on prior experience and incentive bonus based on KPIs.
- 401(k) with very attractive firm matching.
- Health and dental insurance—we cover most (if not all) of the premiums (for typical team member) and we kick in up to $750 in an HSA.
- FSA account—transit and healthcare.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for pure fun and recharging, 9 yearly holidays paid so you can enjoy your friends and family and separate sick/bereavement days for those unfortunate times you need it.
- We strive to close the entire firm between Christmas & New Year’s every year so the entire team can recharge their batteries with family and start the year fresh!
- Bonusly awards—peer-to-peer recognition app—think Facebook for the team with cool .gifs (and rewards funded by the firm)!
- Free annual dollars for continuing education!
- A strong company culture with cool rewards, annual firm retreat and a spectacular holiday dinner!
- Philanthropy— our motto is Doing Good by Doing Right in our practice and in our communities – you’ll get to participate in meaningful causes outside of the firm!
- Team members also get to nominate their own charities for the CL Foundation to support during the holidays—putting their own mark on our Doing Good by Doing Right motto!