Mass Tort Paralegal
**IMPORTANT TO APPLY**
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do NOT apply through the contact information on the website.
To Apply: You must call 866-256-8417 and follow the step-by-step instructions. Failure to do so will result in us ignoring your application.
- Ordering, reviewing and summarizing medical records for preparing factual response to discovery.
- Regularly interviewing clients by phone and timely updating them on their legal cases.
- Reviewing and evaluating cases to prepare for attorney review and filing.
- Assisting our Intake Specialists with managing the intake system.
- Managing the workflow of cases in our electronic case management system.
- Drafting and sending correspondence.
- Drafting pleadings including complaints, discovery responses and other pleadings.
- Offering general assistance to attorneys and senior paralegals.
- Properly and constantly documenting all events and communications.
- Submitting invoices timely and consistent with firm policy.
- Managing and meeting deadlines for SOLs and other filings under the supervision of attorneys.
- Caring and compassionate attitude with clients that’s consistent with firm’s core value of Doing Good by Doing Right.
- Growth mindset—eager to become an invaluable member of the Chaffin Luhana team.
- Be growth focused, resilient, smart, and compassionate (be a great listener).
- Proven ability to assist attorneys and senior level paralegals.
- Experience with drafting and filing complaints and other pleadings.
- Experience and ability to review medical information and summarize the same with little supervision.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite and demonstrated comfort with technology.
- We are paperless and expect you to be the same.
- Experience as a paralegal or legal assistant in a law firm setting, preferably a mass tort or personal injury firm.
- Friendly and calming phone etiquette – you can remain patient even in the most stressful situations.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills – things get busy!
- High attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
Perks – A few benefits you’re sure to enjoy:
- Salary based on prior experience and incentive bonus based on KPIs.
- 401(k) with very attractive firm matching.
- Health and dental insurance—we cover most (if not all) of the premiums (for typical team member) and we kick in up to $750 in an HRA.
- Flexible Spending Account—transit and healthcare.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for pure fun and recharging, 9 yearly holidays paid so you can enjoy your friends and family and separate sick/bereavement days for those unfortunate times you need it.
- We strive to close the entire firm between Christmas & New Year’s every year so the entire team can recharge their batteries with family and start the year fresh!
- Bonusly awards—peer-to-peer recognition app—think Facebook for the team with cool .gifs (and rewards funded by the firm)!
- Free annual dollars for continuing education and twice monthly Coaching Wednesdays with Senior Management!
- A strong company culture with cool rewards, annual firm retreat and a spectacular holiday dinner!
- Philanthropy— our motto is Doing Good by Doing Right in our practice and in our communities – you’ll be working for meaningful causes inside and outside of the firm!
- Team members nominate their own charities for the CL Foundation to support during the holidays—putting their own mark on our Doing Good by Doing Right motto!