Pittsburgh Personal Injury Associate
**IMPORTANT TO APPLY**
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do NOT apply through the contact information on the website.
To Apply: You must call 866-393-7810 and follow the step-by-step instructions. Failure to do so will result in us ignoring your application.
- Litigate PA personal injury cases including automobile and premises liability cases.
- Work closely with clients, team and partners to develop factual and medical evidence for injury claims.
- Draft pleadings, discovery, motions and other filings with various PA state courts; conduct research on a variety of novel legal issues in State and Federal cases; present and argue discovery motions.
- Manage the court approval process for wrongful death and minor cases, including drafting petitions, presenting those to the Court and overseeing the full approval process.
- Prepare cases for pre-litigation, litigation and settlement.
- Manage the filing of pleadings, tracking service of process and assuring SOL deadlines are met.
- Admitted to the PA bar.
- Must have 5+ years of personal injury experience.
- Must be a team player: willing to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Caring and compassionate attitude with clients that’s consistent with firm’s core value of Doing Good by Doing Right.
- Excellent analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Growth mindset—eager to become an invaluable member of the Chaffin Luhana team, we want to train if you want to learn.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite and demonstrated comfort with technology.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills – must be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects in a busy environment.
- High attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission is required. New York, Ohio or West Virginia admission is a plus.
Perks – A few benefits you’re sure to enjoy:
- Salary based on prior experience and incentive bonus based on KPIs.
- 401(k) with very attractive firm matching.
- Health and dental insurance—we cover most (if not all) of the premiums (for typical team member) and we kick in up to $750 in an HSA.
- FSA account—transit and healthcare.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for pure fun and recharging, 10 yearly holidays paid so you can enjoy your friends and family and separate sick/bereavement days for those unfortunate times you need it.
- We strive to close the entire firm between Christmas & New Year’s every year so the entire team can recharge their batteries with family and start the year fresh!
- Bonusly awards—peer-to-peer recognition app—think Facebook for the team with cool .gifs (and rewards funded by the firm)!
- Free annual dollars for continuing education!
- A strong company culture with cool rewards, annual firm retreat and a spectacular holiday dinner!
- Philanthropy— our motto is Doing Good by Doing Right in our practice and in our communities – you’ll get to participate in meaningful causes outside of the firm!
- Team members also get to nominate their own charities for the CL Foundation to support during the holidays—putting their own mark on our Doing Good by Doing Right motto!