Franklin Park Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured through no fault of your own, it is essential to seek the assistance of a qualified personal injury lawyer who will fight for maximum compensation to cover your medical expenses, lost time off work, and hardship.
The personal injury attorneys at Chaffin Luhana know how devastating the aftermath of a sudden, catastrophic injury can be.
Where do you seek the best possible medical care for your particular injuries?
How can you find out what exactly happened in those moments before the accident?
Are the insurance adjusters offering a fair deal?
We offer helpful referrals to ensure you receive top-notch care while removing as much of the burden as we can to secure ample financial compensation to cover your losses.
Our Attorneys Handle Many Different Types of Cases
Fault is what makes an accident a “personal injury” by legal standards. If the negligence or recklessness of another person or party, directly or indirectly, causes the harm you suffered, these other entities may be held liable for paying your medical bills, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Most cases involve some estimate of physical pain and suffering caused by the injury, which adds to the settlement or jury award.
The scope of our personal injury expertise includes:
- Auto & trucking accidents
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective consumer products
- Defective medical devices
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Toxic contamination
- Sexual abuse & assault
- Workplace injuries
How To Determine If Negligence or Recklessness Was Involved
If negligence or recklessness were a factor in your accident, we will find out by:
- Gathering evidence with the help of accident reconstructionists, medical experts, and local police.
- Interviewing eyewitnesses, character witnesses, and the other people involved.
- Subpoenaing documents and requesting surveillance footage.
- Applying our knowledge of state and federal law to build a strong case.
Compensation in Personal Injury Cases
If successful, a personal injury lawsuit filed in civil court could provide Franklin Park residents with money for:
- Past, present, and future medical bills, including surgeries, hospital stays, doctor’s visits, and therapy.
- Past and present lost wages from missed time off work, and estimated reduced future earning capacity.
- Disability-related out-of-pocket expenses like assistive technology, medication, or home modification.
While some expenses are easy to calculate by looking at physical bills and pay stubs, some losses are harder to calculate. Judges and juries consider emotional hardships like loss of enjoyment in life, the amount of physical pain suffered, and the impact of recovery on your relationships with others.
How Much is My Case Worth?
There is no set formula, but the total is generally calculated by taking the tangible losses and multiplying the number by 1-5, depending on the severity and duration of your injuries.
Wrongful death is a special type of personal injury lawsuit that can be filed on behalf of accident victims’ spouses, adult caregivers, or dependents when a loved one has succumbed to injuries.
Depending on the situation, you may be eligible to request compensation for:
- Unpaid medical bills
- Funeral expenses
- Burial and cremation costs
- Estate administrative expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of moral guidance
- Loss of comfort and household services
- Loss to society
- Pain and suffering
The State of Pennsylvania allows wrongful death claim filing within two years of death. Exceptions are granted in rare cases, but it is best to begin working on your case as soon as possible to avoid delays or a time-barred dismissal.
Franklin Park Personal Injury Lawyers
We are proud to serve the more than 13,000 residents who call the Allegheny County borough of Franklin Park, PA home. Chaffin Luhana’s Pittsburgh area office is located just a short drive down I-79S.
Here you will be greeted by a friendly, knowledgeable receptionist and an experienced personal injury attorney providing free consultations to all personal injury clients. You only pay us if, and when, we win money on your behalf.