Chaffin Luhana’s Impact of Social Media Scholarship
The 2017-2018 National Chaffin Luhana Impact of Social Media Scholarship Essay Contest
The Chaffin Luhana Foundation will be awarding a $2,000 scholarship to the student with the most inspiring essay regarding the positive and/or negative effects of social media on high school and college students.
Please make sure you meet all of the criteria below before submitting your essay.
- You must be currently registered at an accredited high school, technical school, college, or university in the U.S.
- You are entering in or are in your final year of high school or enrolled as an undergraduate student at a technical school, college, or university.
- You must be under the age of 25.
- Scholarship money must be used towards student housing, books, or tuition.
Scholarship Criteria & Rules:
Write an original 500-750 word essay about one of the following topics:
- A Personal Experience – Has your experience with social media directly impacted your life in a positive or negative way?
- Technology – How do you see the advancement in technology affecting our social media experience and do you see this having a positive or negative impact on students?
- Bullying – Have you witnessed bullying occur on social media? What was your experience and how has it affected you?
You must submit your essay via email to CLFDoingGood@ChaffinLuhana.com.
*Please use the subject line: Chaffin Luhana Impact of Social Media Scholarship Essay Submission
The following information must be included with your submission:
- Full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Essay document – The accepted file types are .docx, .doc, and .pdf.
- Post your essay on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.) and include a link to the post. Be sure to remove any personal information when posting to social media.
- Include the name of your current high school / university and the university you plan to attend in the future.