Carnegie Truck Accident Lawyer
Rich in history and filled with wonderful dining and recreational venues, Carnegie is one of Pittsburgh’s top communities. But trucking accidents can occur anywhere, even in beautiful towns like ours.
How Much is My Case Worth?
Most people give little thought to working with a Pittsburgh personal injury attorney. However, if you have fallen victim to a truck-related accident, then we invite you to contact Chaffin Luhana today to set up a free consultation.
Why large truck accidents are so dangerous
Any personal injury is traumatic. But truck collisions can be especially devastating, not only to the victim’s health but to his or her finances as well. Here’s why:
- Size and weight: The average large truck is around 14 feet high, substantially larger than normal passenger vehicles. Tractor and trailer together can stretch as long as 80 feet. As for weight, a fully loaded tractor-trailer can tip the scales at up to 80,000 pounds.
- Potentially hazardous cargo: Many tractor-trailers carry materials such as poisons, corrosive chemicals, inflammatory agents, or even explosives. This can make a collision a public health emergency.
- Vehicle speed: A high-speed collision with any vehicle is a serious matter. The problem becomes grave when a large commercial truck is involved.
- Possibility of multi-car accidents: A wrecked or out of control tractor-trailer can wreak havoc across multiple lanes of traffic, causing a wreck that involves dozens or even hundreds of vehicles.
Dealing with the aftermath of a trucking accident
Recovering from a commercial truck collision can take years, sometimes a lifetime. The difficulties you’ll face going forward will depend on many factors, including the extent of your injuries and the condition of your vehicle. Here are some tips for dealing with these challenges:
- Note any symptoms you may experience: The health effects of a wreck sometimes take hours or even days to surface. Report any pain, discomfort, dizziness, or other symptoms to your healthcare provider right away.
- Try to create a “serenity space” in your home: This can be as simple as a corner of a room with a comfortable chair and a good book to read. The idea is to associate this area with feelings of calmness and peace.
- Try prayer, meditation, or systematic relaxation: All of these practices can help to ease stress and promote healing.
- Talk to your doctor about pain management techniques: It’s best to limit the use of pain medications unless your doctor advises otherwise. Alternative forms of care, such as heating pads or stretching, can, in many cases, provide similar benefits.
Choosing the right law firm to handle your case
Picking the right Pittsburgh truck accident attorney to handle your case is crucial to obtaining a favorable result. Here are some reasons to consider Chaffin Luhana:
- Results: Our experienced attorneys have recovered more than $1 billion for their clients over the years.
- Resources: Chaffin Luhana has partnerships with legal and investigative agencies across the country, allowing us to uncover facts other law firms may miss.
- Reasonable terms: Not only does Chaffin Luhana offer free consultations, we will charge no fees unless you win your case. What can be fairer than that?
Trucking accidents can put your life on hold. But Carnegie truck accident lawyers can help you to move forward. Contact us today to set the wheels of justice in motion.