Upper Saint Clair Truck Accident Lawyers
Commercial truck collisions can occur anywhere, even in prosperous communities like Upper Saint Clair. Dealing with heavy-duty vehicle accidents requires the help of a skilled truck accident attorney. Otherwise, you might miss out on the compensation you deserve. If this has happened to you, you need our team of Upper Saint Clair truck accident lawyers.
With over 85 years of combined experience, we’ve had significant results in state and federal courts across the country. Our attorneys have recovered over $1 billion for clients.
Pittsburgh Injury Attorneys – Chaffin Luhana
We work closely with scientific experts, doctors, and others to build your case, and support you in your physical and emotional recovery.
The most common types of truck accidents
With massive engines and weights of up to 80,000 pounds, big commercial rigs are the behemoths of our roadways. You see them day and night, on interstates as well as local two-lane roads.
Fortunately, most of these vehicles safely arrive at their destinations. But sometimes things go wrong. When they do, the problem usually takes one of the following forms:
- Cross-lane accidents: Semi-trucks and other big trucks sometimes swerve into the adjoining lane, either colliding with passenger vehicles or driving them off the road entirely.
- Rear-end collisions: Common causes of this problem include poor road conditions, mechanical failure, and driver fatigue or inattention.
- Loss of vehicle control: The most dramatic example of this type of accident is the “jackknife,” in which the tractor-trailer doubles over and spreads out across multiple lanes of traffic. These calamities can cause multiple injuries or even worse.
The impact of a collision is only one of the factors that make big commercial truck accidents so devastating. Commercial vehicles often carry hazardous materials such as chemicals or explosives. Releasing these contaminants into the environment can cause serious health threats to anyone in the area.
Dealing with the Aftermath
If you’re suffering due to a commercial truck accident, then you’ve probably got a million things on your mind. Foremost among these is your health and wellbeing, of course. But you’re probably also concerned with your finances.
Financial compensation alone will never erase these problems. But it can help to cover the medical bills, lost income, and other consequences of the collision.
Upper Saint Clair truck accident lawyers can help
Regrettably, transport companies are often reluctant to admit responsibility for a wreck they caused. They may even resort to intimidation. However, we will hold the liable party accountable for their negligence.
A Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer can make all the difference in the world to how your case turns out. Here’s how:
- By taking on the big companies for you: Dealing with multi-million-dollar businesses takes serious legal and investigative skills.
- By getting to the truth: Too many innocent people have suffered over the years due to vested interests sweeping problems under the rug.
- By offering the support and encouragement you need: Sometimes simply talking to a caring person can go a long way towards helping an injured person heal. That’s why at Chaffin Luhana we have a social worker on staff for our client’s benefit.
Statutes of limitation mean that the time to act on your case is now. Contact us today to get the ball rolling. We’re available 24/7, we offer free consultations, and we collect no fees unless you win your case.