Corapolis Car Accident Lawyer
Were you recently in a car accident involving a large commercial truck? Chaffin Luhana’s Corapolis truck accident lawyers are located less than 20 minutes from the heart of the borough, via I-79. We are dedicated to conducting a comprehensive investigation that gets your family the answers you need to make sense of the sudden catastrophe. We are your advocate when dealing with lowballing insurers, irascible defendants, and pushy medical bill collectors. We have the resources to pursue trial litigation if a fair settlement offer cannot be reached through negotiations. Contact a Pittsburgh injury lawyer with our firm if you have any questions
Client Testimonial – David & Lisa
Options Following A Truck Accident
Following a crash with a large truck, you could…
- Do nothing. You could seek medical care and try to handle the recovery yourself – accepting what the insurer offers and paying for the rest out-of-pocket. If, down the road, your losses or time off work increase, you could be forced to drain your savings, liquidate retirement assets, borrow money, or file bankruptcy to stay afloat.
- File a police report and seek criminal charges. If the trucker was driving aggressively, using a cell phone at the time, speeding, or purposefully targeting you out of malice, you might have a criminal case for the driver to be imprisoned, fined, or put on probation. Once you file a police report, they will investigate and forward the information to the district attorney, who decides whether to press charges or not. You may be called upon to act as a witness for a crime committed “against the state.”
- Contact a civil personal injury attorney. A civil lawyer is the only way to obtain financial compensation for your loss. You may receive money for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other disability-related costs. Grieving family members can seek reparations for funeral and burial expenses, lost companionship and guidance, and other losses in income or household services. We’ll conduct our investigation to determine what happened, who is responsible, and how much your injuries are likely to cost down the road. We act as your advocate.
How to Maximize Your Truck Accident Claim
Working with a Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer from the start will ensure you don’t miss a beat in pursuing maximum compensation for your injuries. In advising you, we may recommend that you:
- Get a police report at the scene, take photos of the scene/crash/injuries, and collect witness info.
- Seek immediate medical attention from the best possible care provider in the area.
- Avoid signing anything with the insurance company, allowing us to liaison on your behalf.
- Get a second opinion if your doctor isn’t particularly sympathetic or realistic about your injuries.
- Keep a daily diary of your pain symptoms, treatments, appointments, feelings, and rehabilitation efforts.
How Much Does A Personal Injury Attorney Cost?
We do not ask for a retainer fee or hourly rate. Instead, we work on a contingency basis, meaning that you pay us a certain percentage of the money we recover on your behalf (customarily 30-40%, as regulated by law). If by rare chance, we do not win, you pay nothing for our services. You pay nothing upfront to pursue litigation, make copies, file your paperwork in court, take depositions, or retain expert witnesses. Contact our team of Corapolis truck accident lawyers for your free, no-obligation consultation within two years of your accident. We will dig deep into the details to maximize your monetary recovery and support you in your physical and emotional recovery.