Why Do I Need an Attorney After a Car Accident?
You need an attorney after an auto accident to maximize your chances of receiving fair compensation, so you can move past your injuries and rebuild your life.
But the benefits of legal representation go beyond basic monetary issues. A Pittsburgh personal injury attorney can also refer you to skilled healthcare providers, give you regular updates on your case or claim, and to feel empowered. The road to a better tomorrow starts by getting in touch with us today.
The problems that come with post-accident recovery
Being in a car wreck is always devastating, especially when it causes personal injuries or serious damage to your vehicle.
Regaining your physical health and mobility not only takes hard work, but it can also be expensive as well. That’s why insurance exists. Having the right coverage can make all the difference in the world to your post-accident prospects.
But it’s important to remember that insurance companies will always put their own interests first. In most cases, this means offering a token settlement and hoping that the accident victim jumps at it, without thinking through all of the ramifications.
Nobody wants to be taken advantage of– but financial stress and physical discomfort have a way of skewing our perspective. It can make focus on short-term relief at the expense of our long-term problems.
Building the best case for fair compensation
Communicating your needs and struggles in a compelling and formal way takes in-depth experience and investigative knowledge.
That’s where the skills of a Pittsburgh personal injury lawyer from our team come into the picture. Here’s how we can help:
- By putting together a powerful demand letter: A “demand letter” is nowhere near as confrontational as its title may suggest. In reality, it’s simply a summation of why you deserve fair compensation. Crafting that kind of content and backing it up with facts is exactly what a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer is trained to do. It’s all part of building the best possible case.
- By going head-to-head with the other side: As we all know, self-interest usually takes priority over fairness and justice where money is concerned. That’s why attorneys never let insurers or at-fault parties get away with offering lowball figures. Your well-being is more important than the other side’s self-centered interests.
- By helping you to stay upbeat throughout the process: A big part of negotiating is knowing what’s going on in the other party’s mind. The opposing side may be counting on you to become discouraged and desperate, so you’ll take less compensation than you deserve. A good attorney can short-circuit this by giving you encouragement and inspiration when you need them the most.
Choosing the right law firm for your needs
Once you’ve decided to partner with an attorney, the next step is to choose the right law firm. Here’s why thousands of clients have trusted us to handle their claim:
- We have the right values: Our firm focuses on accident victims. We represent the ordinary person, not the big billion-dollar companies.
- We offer the right skills: Dealing with insurance adjustors and corporate attorneys takes special skill and know-how, the kind that our attorneys are celebrated for.
- We get the right results: Our lawyers have recovered more than $1 billion for their clients over the years. That figure speaks for itself.
Get in touch with us today to arrange your free consultation. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience. We look forward to working with you.