Edgewood Truck Accident Lawyers
People who’ve suffered catastrophic injuries or have lost a loved one in a trucking accident need the highest caliber legal assistance. At Chaffin Luhana, we serve residents throughout Edgewood and the greater Pittsburgh area.
Client Testimonial – David & Lisa
Let a dedicated Pittsburgh personal injury lawyer with our firm pursue the compensation to which you are entitled.
Our Edgewood truck accident lawyers have a proven track record of success, and insurance companies know we have the resources to fight for maximum damages. In most claims we handle, the defendant will settle out of court rather than paying trial costs and risking the chance of an unfavorable verdict.
Put our experience and resources to work for you
We understand the trauma and stress that victims and their families endure– and work diligently to protect their interests every step of the way. Given the complex liability issues surrounding collisions with 18-wheelers and big rigs, it’s wise to retain a Pittsburgh truck accident attorney who brings a wealth of experience to the table.
Our attorneys have recovered over $1 billion for plaintiffs and leverage close to nine decades of combined legal experience.
Safety tips for drivers of passenger vehicles
Sharing the roads with heavy commercial trucks is a part of life for many Edgewood residents. There are a few habits you can adopt when driving around them to reduce the chances of an accident.
These vehicles have long stopping distances, huge blind spots, and limited maneuverability– it is critical for other motorists to exercise caution. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) recommends the following safety tips:
- Avoid a truck’s “No Zones”– Commercial trucks have extensive blind spots on the front, rear, and sides of the trailer. Take extra care when passing or merging, and try to avoid driving in these blind spots, where your visibility is practically non-existent.
- Pass quickly and on the left side– If you have to pass a tractor-trailer, do so on the left side. Put your signal on and make eye contact with the driver in his side mirror, so he or she knows your intention. Do not linger in the “No Zone” and avoid passing on a downgrade.
- Give extra space for wide turns– The turning radius of a heavy truck is 55 feet. Anticipate this need and give truckers extra room. Never try to shoot the gap and squeeze between a turning truck and a guardrail or curb.
- Do not tailgate– Following a big rig too closely is asking for trouble. If the truck were to brake suddenly, your vehicle could slide under the trailer. Underride accidents with trucks produce some of the highest fatality rates.
- Stay attentive and focused– If you need to make a phone call, respond to a text, or get some sleep, pull off the road as soon as possible. Distracted and drowsy driving can be as dangerous as driving while drunk.
Confidential case review with our team of Edgewood truck accident lawyers
We have successfully represented truck accident victims who sustained life-altering injuries, ranging from spinal cord damage and loss of limbs to disfiguring burns. No matter what type of harm you suffered or who was to blame, we will advocate for your rights. We work on contingency so we get paid when you do—there are no upfront fees.
For more information or to arrange a complimentary case evaluation with a Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer, we invite you to call, email, or text us today. We are available 24/7.