Indiana Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucking accidents can happen anywhere, even right here in Indiana, PA, birthplace of Jimmy Stewart. When big rigs run out of control, the aftermath can include serious injuries, widespread property damage, or even worse.
Hopefully, you will never need the services of a Pittsburgh personal injury attorney. But, should misfortune strike, it’s good to know that the trained professionals at Chaffin Luhana are available to look out for your best interests.
Pittsburgh Injury Attorneys – Chaffin Luhana
What to do if you’re involved in a collision
Trucking accidents range from minor fender benders to major catastrophes. Here are some tips to keep in mind if you are involved in a big rig crash:
- Move your vehicle (if possible): If your car or truck is still in running condition, then you will probably want to move it off the road. Otherwise, you risk another vehicle collision.
- Calling emergency responders: Even the smallest automotive accident requires a police report.
- Getting medical help: Never assume that you’re okay after an accident. It’s important to undergo a thorough exam by a trained healthcare professional.
- Recording as many details as possible: If possible, you should make videos with your smartphone or other mobile device. Write down the names and contact information of witnesses as well. This can prove crucial to your case.
- Taking your vehicle to an auto technician: Like your body, your car or truck should undergo a thorough post-wreck examination.
- Staying calm: This is easier said than done, especially after undergoing a vehicle crash. Still, strong emotions will only hinder clear thinking. Keep cool and follow the tips outlined above.
Talking to Indiana truck accident lawyers
A consultation with a qualified Pittsburgh truck accident attorney is an essential step after a trucking-related wreck. It takes a skilled legal mind to determine whether the truck driver or freight carrier is liable for damages.
Talking to an attorney is also important for getting fair compensation from the truck’s insurer. High levels of coverage mean that insurance companies may have to pay hundreds of thousands or even millions to settle a claim.
Sadly, this can make the insurer resistant to pay anything. In some cases, the insurance company may try to deny the claim altogether or resort to high-pressure intimidation tactics.
At Chaffin Luhana, we know when to negotiate, when to stand firm, and when it’s time to go to court. Our expertise can make all the difference to the amount of compensation you receive.
The road to recovery starts by getting in touch with us today. We’re available 24/7, either by phone or online. We offer free consultations, and we never charge fees unless you win your case.
There’s no reason to settle for less than the compensation you rightly deserve. By choosing Chaffin Luhana, you not only do what’s right for yourself, you help to make our roads safer for everyone who uses them.
That’s a great way to lay the foundation for your future happiness. Contact us today. We look forward to speaking with you.