Marshall Truck Accident Lawyer
With its beautiful farms and rolling hills, Marshall is one of Alleghany County’s most picturesque communities. But truck accidents can occur anywhere, from tiny towns to giant cities.
You may never have considered contacting a Pittsburgh injury attorney before your accident. Now you’re suffering the aftershocks of a wreck and wondering where to turn.
Does that sound like what you’re going through? If so, then we invite you to contact us today to set up a free consultation. As experienced Marshall truck accident lawyers, we can help you to figure out your next move.
Pittsburgh Injury Attorneys – Chaffin Luhana
All it takes is one weak link in the chain
One way to think of our nation’s transport system is as a long chain made up of many links. The system works well, as long as each link is strong and doing its job.
On the other hand, even a single weak link can expose innocent people to serious injuries, loss of income, or even worse. Consider the following facts:
- In 2015 alone, police reported more than 415,000 accidents involving large trucks.
- 60% of these collisions occurred on rural roads, like those surrounding Marshall.
- 87,000 injuries were associated with large truck collisions in 2015.
- In that same year, over 4,000 people lost their lives due to large truck accidents.
See what we mean? Innocent people like you pay the price when big rigs get out of control.
What’s the cause?
A commercial truck accident can have many potential causes. These include:
- Driver fatigue, negligence, or drug use: Most truckers are dedicated professionals who strive for safety behind the wheel. Unfortunately, it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the whole bunch, especially when 80,000 pounds of steel comes rumbling down the road.
- Poor maintenance: Any vehicle is only as good as the care it receives. Large trucks require regular oil changes, adjustments, lubrication, and replacement of worn parts. But these steps are not always carried out.
- Trucking company mismanagement: Even the best truckers are only human. Sometimes they’re pushed past the brink by higher-ups, who disregard important safety standards in order to deliver goods faster.
- Defective vehicles: It seems that almost every day we hear about safety recalls on ordinary passenger vehicles. Even more serious are the public safety consequences for defective commercial trucks.
- Crumbling or dangerous roads: Anyone who has lived in the Keystone State for any length of time is familiar with this problem. Imagine what can happen when a massive truck hits a pothole or a patch of gravel while traveling 60 miles per hour.
Only an expert can judge liability issues
Some people hesitate to talk to a Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer because they believe the fault for their wreck lies entirely on their own shoulders. But this is a dangerous assumption to make.
After all, there’s a reason why attorneys spend so many years in law school. Legal terms like “liability” are far more complex than they appear on the surface. Never let a hasty assumption keep you from seeking the compensation you need.
Here at Chaffin Luhana, we’re proud to offer free Pittsburgh truck accident attorney consultations to potential clients. We’re available 24/7, and we charge no fees unless your case prevails. Contact us today to set the wheels of your case in motion.