North Braddock Truck Accident Lawyers
Large trucks and 18-wheelers are known for their multiple blind spots, and when an accident with a passenger car or smaller vehicle occurs, the injuries are often horrific. Liability for a truck accident may rest with an inexperienced or negligent driver, the cargo loader, the trucking company, as well as part manufacturers and retailers.
How Much is My Case Worth?
Inexperienced law firms may not have the resources or skill to pursue every channel of legal recovery. Here at Chaffin Luhana, we know all the intricacies of state and federal laws, and our North Braddock truck accident lawyers can increase the likelihood of clients achieving a fair settlement or award.
With representation from the right Pittsburgh personal injury attorney, victims can recover damages for things like medical expenses, lost income, future loss of earnings, rehabilitation costs, as well as pain and emotional suffering.
If you or someone you love needs unwavering advocacy in a truck accident claim, our dedicated lawyers are a phone call away. Our legal team can help you seek maximum damages, and there is no fee to retain our services. All litigation costs will come out of your final settlement or court award.
National data on truck crashes
According to national data on trucking accidents from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration:
- Pennsylvania is among the top 10 states with the highest number of truck accident deaths
- 72 percent of fatalities in large truck accidents in 2017 were occupants of other vehicles
- More than 13 percent of all fatal accidents in the country involve a bus or large truck
- The number of fatal trucking crashes rose 9 percent in 2017, with a total of 4,889 wrecks
- The most common driver-related factors for truck accidents include speeding, distraction, careless driving, impairment from fatigue, drugs or alcohol, failure to yield right of way, weather-obscured vision, traffic violations, overcorrecting, and improper following
What to do after a trucking accident
You can help protect your rights by following these steps:
- Call 911 to report the accident
- Refrain from saying anything to police or other drivers that could be misinterpreted as an admission of fault.
- Get medical treatment: Documentation is key when it comes to physical injuries. Always seek immediate medical care from a healthcare professional and follow treatment protocols.
- Get the name, address, insurance and contact info of other drivers and that of the trucking company
- Take photos of the accident scene, damage to all vehicles, and your injuries
- Collect names and contact information of any witnesses
- Get legal advice from a Pittsburgh truck accident attorney as soon as possible\
In our experience, injury claims arising from truck accidents are multi-faceted, requiring in-depth knowledge of state and federal regulations. There may be multiple defendants and motions to be filed within critical deadlines.
Explore your options during a free case evaluation
Put our combined 85 years of legal expertise to work for you and call us for a free case evaluation. We are a plaintiffs-only law firm with a long history of securing favorable settlements and judgments for injured clients.
Discuss your case with our North Braddock truck accident lawyers today. Call, text, or email us, and we’ll get back to you promptly. Our core value is “Doing Good by Doing Right.”