Swissvale Truck Accident Lawyers
Swissvale offers the convenience of urban living without the congestion of living in the heart of the city. But, no matter where you live, you may one day find yourself in need of a Pittsburgh personal injury attorney who specializes in commercial truck cases.
How Much is My Case Worth?
Should the unexpected occur, we invite you to contact us here at Chaffin Luhana right away. As skilled Swissvale truck accident lawyers, we can help you to get the utmost compensation for your injuries, medical bills, and related expenses.
What to do when things go wrong
As members of the local community ourselves, we’re always happy to offer sound advice on legal and safety matters.
With that in mind, here are four steps to take, should you ever find yourself involved in a truck-related accident:
- Call for help: You should contact law enforcement right away, even if the accident seems minor at the time. Ask someone to make the call for you if you have no access to a phone.
- If possible, move your vehicle off the road: This is important for both your safety and that of other motorists. If you’re unable to move your vehicle, then use safety cones or other means to warn oncoming drivers to slow down.
- Assess your physical condition: It’s always a good idea to have a healthcare professional check you out after a wreck, even if you feel fine. Some injuries may not become evident for many hours.
- Record as much information about the wreck as possible: This should include written notes, smartphone videos, etc. Try to get the contact information of witnesses.
- Note the name of the truck driver, the carrier for which he or she drives, the license plate number, and any other information you can obtain: You should also confirm that the trucker is okay and offer to call emergency responders on his or her behalf.
- Get in touch with a Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer: He or she will discuss the accident with you and may set up an in-person consultation to discuss the matter further.
Getting on the road to recovery
Hopefully, you’re able to go on with your life after the accident with no serious harm to yourself. If not, then here are some tips to put you on the path to a better tomorrow:
- Take things one day at a time: There’s no point in trying to rush your recuperation.
- Follow your doctor’s advice: This includes taking any medications he or she prescribes and keeping medical appointments.
- Talk to someone who understands; There are support groups for accident survivors that meet online or in the Pittsburgh area. You’ll find more information about these opportunities on the web. Here at Chaffin Luhana, we have an on-staff social worker for our client’s benefit.
- Talk to a qualified Pittsburgh truck accident attorney: We mentioned this before, but it bears repeating. Legal matters are best handled by legal professionals. Putting this step off can rob you of the compensation you rightly deserve.
At Chaffin Luhana, our attorneys have recovered more than $1 billion for their clients over the years. We offer free consultations and collect no fees unless your case prevails. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience. Contact us today if we can be of help.