**IMPORTANT TO APPLY**
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions
Do NOT apply through the quick apply on the website
To Apply: You must call 866-498-0275 and follow the step-by-step instructions. Failure to do so will result in us ignoring your application!
About the role:
The Intake Attorney will be responsible for managing the initial client intake process, reviewing potential cases, and making determinations on case acceptance. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for prospective clients, therefore, the ability to demonstrate empathy, understanding, and a commitment to our high standard of client care is a must.
- Evaluate potential personal injury and mass tort cases, determining their feasibility and potential value.
- Serve as the first point of contact for potential clients, conducting initial interviews and screenings.
- Document and analyze case details, conducting preliminary legal research as necessary.
- Provide advice on legal rights and options to potential clients.
- Coordinate with other legal professionals to make recommendations on case acceptance.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of case proposals to potential clients.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the client intake process.
- Foster strong relationships with potential clients, demonstrating exceptional customer service and maintaining the firm’s high standards of professional conduct.
- Assist Intake Team to get qualified clients retained, assisting in decision making and onboarding during and after business hours when necessary.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and an active member in good standing with the state Bar.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an attorney, preferably within personal injury and/or mass tort litigation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to empathize and relate to clients from a range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting initial case evaluations and legal research.
- A high-growth mindset with a drive to continually learn and improve.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple cases simultaneously.
- Proficient in the use of legal research software and case management systems.
- Must be a team player: willing to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Caring and compassionate attitude with clients that’s consistent with firm’s core value of Doing Good by Doing Right.
- Excellent analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Growth mindset—eager to become an invaluable member of the Chaffin Luhana team, we want to train if you want to learn.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite and demonstrated comfort with technology.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills – must be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects in a busy environment.
- High attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
Perks – A few benefits you’re sure to enjoy:
- Salary based on prior experience and incentive bonus based on KPIs
- 401(k) with very attractive firm matching
- Health and dental insurance—we cover most (if not all) of the premiums (for typical team member) and we kick in up to $750 in an HSA
- FSA account—transit and healthcare
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for pure fun and recharging, 10 yearly holidays paid so you can enjoy your friends and family and separate sick/bereavement days for those unfortunate times you need it
- We strive to close the entire firm between Christmas & New Year’s every year so the entire team can recharge their batteries with family and start the year fresh!
- Bonusly awards—peer-to-peer recognition app—think Facebook for the team with cool .gifs (and rewards funded by the firm)!
- Free annual dollars for continuing education!
- A strong company culture with cool rewards, annual firm retreat and a spectacular holiday dinner!
- Philanthropy— our motto is Doing Good by Doing Right in our practice and in our communities – you’ll get to participate in meaningful causes outside of the firm!
- Team members also get to nominate their own charities for the CL Foundation to support during the holidays—putting their own mark on our Doing Good by Doing Right motto!