Common Injuries in a Car Accident
Common Car Crash Injuries
Though an auto accident can cause a wide variety of injuries, below are some of those most commonly associated with car accident lawsuits:
- Shoulder injuries: The impact of an accident can cause severe trauma to the shoulder joint, resulting in pain, stiffness, weakness, swelling, and difficulty moving the shoulder. This type of injury could involve a fracture, dislocation, or soft-tissue problem, such as a ligament tear.
- Concussions: A blow to the head sustained in the accident can cause a concussion, which is a type of traumatic brain injury in which the blow caused the brain to move back and forth inside the skull. Symptoms can range from mild to serious.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): An injury to the brain caused by a violent blow or jolt, or by something penetrating the brain tissue. These can cause mild confusion, or may result in loss of consciousness and other more serious symptoms.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage occurs to part of the spinal cord or nerves along the spinal canal. The result can be loss of certain bodily functions or paralysis.
- Burns: If one or more of the vehicles catches fire, those involved in the accident may suffer mild to severe burns.
- Neurological Injuries: Any injury that affects the nervous system, which includes the brain and the central and autonomic nervous systems.
- Broken Bones: Car accidents can cause all types of fractures, to arms, legs, hands, feet, and more.
- Wrongful Death: A driver, passenger, or bystander is killed at the scene or dies thereafter as a result of the car crash.
Contact a Pittsburgh Auto Accident Lawyer
The most important thing you can do after you receive medical treatment is to contact an experienced auto accident lawyer in Pittsburgh, PA. The Pittsburgh personal injury attorney at Chaffin Luhana will help you recover the money you need to obtain the best medical care and to achieve the highest quality of life.
To find out if you qualify to file an auto accident claim, contact us today or call us 24/7 at 1-888-480-1123.
We represent individuals in auto accidents in West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio. We also handle product liability cases nationwide.
Fill out our simple case review form
Speak With a Car Crash Specialist
Related Pages and Posts:
Distracted Driving Accidents
Head-On Collision Accidents
Drunk Driving Accidents
Car Accident Frequently Asked Questions
What to do After a Car Accident
Common Causes/Types of Car Accidents