Chaffin Luhana Anti-Distracted Driving Scholarship
The 2017-2018 National Chaffin Luhana Anti-Distracted Driving Scholarship Essay Contest
Please do not make any essay submissions after April 30, 2018.
One of the Chaffin Luhana Foundation’s missions is to drive down the staggering number of distracted driving accidents in the United States. The Foundation will be awarding a $2,000 scholarship to a student who helps us in this fight by submitting an inspiring personal essay.
- Must be currently registered at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Currently going into or in final year of high school or enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Must be under the age of 25 as of April 30, 2018.
- Scholarship money must be used towards student housing, books, or tuition.
Submission Criteria & Rules:
Write an original 500-750 word essay about one of the following topics:
- Personal Experience. Have you had a personal experience with distracted driving? If so, how has it impacted your life?
- Take charge. Create a realistic distracted driving awareness campaign to effectively reduce the number of distracted driving related auto accidents in the U.S. Please include: ways to better educate the public about the dangers of distracted driving; steps that can be taken to prevent new, young drivers from distracted driving; and actionable steps that can be taken to put an end to distracted driving.
- Technology. How do you think technology and recent technology advancements have impacted the rise of distracted driving in the United States? Also, how big of a role do you believe that technology can have in putting an end to distracted driving? **Properly cite any statistics, surveys, studies, or news stories that you use in your essay to support your points**
Applicant must send essay submission to CLFDoingGood@ChaffinLuhana.com.
*Please use the subject line: Chaffin Luhana Anti-Distracted Driving Scholarship Essay Submission
The following information must be included in your email to consider your essay:
- Name, address, phone number (Please place this information at the top)
- Essay as an email attachment (.docx, .doc, or .txt files are preferred)
- Post your essay on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc…) and include a link to your post. Be sure to remove any personal information when posting on social media.
- At the end of essay, include the name of your accredited school, college, or university you currently attend and your plans for the future.
April 30, 2018
One student who meets the eligibility criteria and attends a school within the U.S. will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship.
One winner will be chosen within four weeks of the submission deadlines and contacted via phone or email.
For more information visit: