Top 10 Things to Look for in an Attorney or Law Firm
by Jane Joseph | Last Updated: June 5, 2020
When you are searching for the right attorney or law firm to represent you and your personal injury case, it is important that you pick a lawyer and firm who will be able to competently represent you and get you the compensation you deserve.
There are many things you need to consider when searching for your legal representation.
Review the list below to learn some questions to ask, and the top 10 most important things to look for in your legal representation.
- Type of Law Practiced – There are many different areas of law, so you need to be sure your attorney’s area of expertise aligns with the services you require. If you or a loved one needs legal representation after an accident that caused an injury, you want to make certain to retain a personal injury attorney.
- Size of Firm – You want to ensure the firm and attorney you choose has the resources and knowledge to successfully negotiate and litigate on your behalf. Not only do you want an experienced lawyer, but also a qualified supporting team.
- Cost and Fees – It is essential that the personal injury law firm you choose works on a contingency fee basis. This means there will never be any up-front or out-of-pocket expenses for you. Your attorney will only collect monetary compensation when they win your case and you collect compensation.
- Reputation – Be sure to research before committing to a specific law firm or attorney. Are they highly regarded among their peers? How much have they recovered for their clients in verdicts and settlements?
- Client Reviews – In addition to reputation, it is important to check reviews and ratings to see what previous clients have to say. How was their experience working with that firm or attorney? Did they have suitable compatibility and rapport?
- Experience – Knowing that your attorney and their supporting law firm has a successful track record of recovering compensation for their clients is a must. You want a firm that has many years of experience and can expertly represent your case.
- Communication – Availability is also a very important aspect when considering who to choose to represent you. While you should pick a successful law firm, be sure they are not so busy that they don’t make time for your needs. Your attorney should be willing to keep you up to date with your case and needs to be readily available in the event you have any questions or concerns.
- Litigation – It is important to pick a law firm that is willing to litigate fully on your behalf. If you are not being offered the compensation you deserve, be sure your attorney is ready to litigate fully on your behalf.
- Location – Many laws vary by state, so it is essential that you choose an attorney who is familiar with the laws and legal requirements in your state or region.
- Integrity – it is important to have someone you trust on your side. Knowing that a law firm and your attorney are going to do right by you is essential for peace of mind. Chaffin Luhana prides itself on being a law firm built on the foundation of “Doing Good by Doing Right.”
Contact Our Trusted and Experienced Accident Injury Law Firm
If you are in need of legal representation after a personal injury accident, Chaffin Luhana can help. We have recovered more than $1 billion in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.