Truck Driver Negligence
Chaffin Luhana represents persons who are injured in trucking accidents caused by driver negligence. If you were injured in an accident involving a semi-truck, an eighteen wheeler, a big rig or another type of truck and you believe the driver of the truck or its owner is at fault, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit to seek compensation for your injuries. To learn more, contact the injury lawyers at our firm today for a free consultation.
Truck Accidents Involving Driver Negligence
At Chaffin Luhana our attorneys are skilled investigators who work with experts in the trucking industry as well as highway safety engineers to determine what caused the accident.
Truck driver negligence can involve:
- Distractions such as text messaging or talking on a hand held cell phone
- Looking at a map or an electronic navigation device
- Speeding or changing lanes recklessly
- Driver fatigue from being on the road for too many hours
- Unsafe operation of the truck under severe weather conditions
- Driving too close to the vehicle ahead
- Failure to stop at street lights and follow other traffic laws
- Driving drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Not paying attention to other cars on the road
- Failure to secure a load properly
In addition to driver negligence, we also investigate to determine if the driver’s employer or the truck owner acted negligently by failing to properly screen the driver, failing to implement adequate training or pushing the driver to meet unrealistic deadlines.
Laws have been put into place to make sure truck drivers don’t stay on the road for too long without getting rest. But, in order to meet strict deadlines, many truck drivers, employers and truck owners continue to break these laws, endangering themselves and other people on the road.
Trucking Accident Lawyers
The Ohio Valley truck accident lawyers at Chaffin Luhana represent individuals harmed by truck driver negligence nationwide, including in West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio. Our attorneys are familiar with trucking laws and know how to determine if negligence played a factor in the accident.
Even if you are unsure of the cause of the accident, we can help you. We will evaluate the details of the accident and will work with experts to determine the exact cause. If negligence occurred, we will find it. We will do everything we can to make sure the responsible parties are held accountable for your injuries.
To schedule a consultation to discuss your case with an attorney at Chaffin Luhana, please contact us today.