Pittsburgh Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The personal injury lawyers at Chaffin Luhana represent individuals who are seriously injured in motorcycle accidents and their families. If you or someone you care about is injured in a motorcycle accident in the Ohio Valley area, contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.
Due to high speeds and lack of protection, motorcyclists usually suffer serious injuries when they are involved in motor vehicle accidents and need a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer. Because of the risks involved, motorcycle riders are more susceptible to head injuries, spinal cord injuries and death than drivers and passengers of other vehicles.
Motorcycle vs. Car Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in death than those accidents involving trucks and cars. This is because of added risks. For example, motorcyclists don’t have the added protection of being surrounded by a metal cabin like drivers and passengers of other vehicles do. Other risks include that motorcycles only have two wheels, they are much smaller than other vehicles, and they are less visible to other drivers on the road.
Motorcycle Accidents Are Not The Same
At Chaffin Luhana we understand these risks and we know the laws of the road. We represent injured motorcycle riders and their families in accidents caused by a number of factors, including (but not limited to):
- Negligence on behalf of a driver of another vehicle (e.g. changing lanes or turning without double checking to make sure the road is clear)
- Driver distraction (if the driver of the vehicle was distracted by sending or receiving text messages, talking on the phone, looking at a navigation system or eating)
- Drunk driving (if the driver of another vehicle was under the influence at the time of the accident)
- Tailgating (if the driver of another vehicle was riding too close)
- Improperly marked construction zones
- Hazardous debris in the road
- Defective motorcycle parts (e.g. defective brakes or tire blowouts)
In cases involving serious injuries and fatalities, we work with experts to examine the evidence to determine exactly what happened and why. We will dig beneath the surface of the accident to figure out who is at fault and will then work tirelessly to expose any wrongdoing.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been seriously hurt in a motorcycle accident, you will need help from an attorney who handle these cases. Motorcycle accidents are different from car and truck accidents. At Chaffin Luhana, our Pittsburgh injury attorneys and accident lawyers are equipped with the experience, skills and the resources to handle your case. To find out how we can help you, contact us today.
We represent individuals in the Ohio Valley in West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio.