AssociateJustin D. Joseph is an Associate with Chaffin Luhana in the firm’s Pittsburgh and West Virginia offices.
Justin was born and raised in Western Pennsylvania and lives with his wife in the greater Pittsburgh area. Mr. Joseph began his career with a large Pittsburgh personal injury law firm. His practice focuses on representing the firm’s personal injury clients in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio.
During his career, Mr. Joseph has resolved hundreds of personal injury cases in settlement, mediation, and arbitration. His past results include many multiple six-figure as well as seven-figure awards. Mr. Joseph has litigated a wide variety of personal injury cases against negligent drivers, truck drivers, and landowners.
Mr. Joseph was recognized for his work early in his career in Craker v. State Farm (2011cv00225), which is an insurance bad faith case that resulted in multiple confidential settlements.
During law school, Mr. Joseph interned for the Honorable Joy Flowers Conti, now Chief Judge of the Western District of Pennsylvania and also worked on behalf of victims of the mortgage crisis with Neighborworks Pittsburgh.
Mr. Joseph enjoys hiking, biking, water skiing, and fishing in his spare time.
Justin’s 2017, 2018, and 2019 Chaffin Luhana Foundation charity donations have been to the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition: Pittsburgh Chapter. Justin and his wife have further supported the NOCC by putting together a team of family and friends for their annual walk in Pittsburgh in memory of her mother.
- Auto and Trucking
- General Negligence Actions
- Premises Liability
- Insurance Bad Faith
Recognitions, Publications, and Lectures
- Presenter, American Inn of Court – “Medicare/Medicaid Liens: Can’t We Just Settle the Case?!?”
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law; J.D.; cum laude; Law Review Managing Editor
- John Carroll University; B.A. in Psychology with minors in Philosophy and Political Science, cum laude
Memberships, Affiliations, and Philanthropy
- Volunteer, Pro bono Neighborhood Legal Services Association Expungement Project
- Volunteer, Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Habitat for Humanity Project
- Member, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Volunteer, Highlands High School Mentor Morning – Law as a Career
- West Virginia
- W.D. Pennsylvania
- S.D. West Virginia
- N.D. West Virginia