PartnerPatrick C. Booth is a Partner of Chaffin Luhana LLP. Mr. Booth is a Pittsburgh native. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Booth was an attorney for a large Pittsburgh defense firm where he defended trucking companies, railroad companies, and Fortune 500 companies in litigation throughout the county. Mr. Booth now exclusively represents plaintiffs who’ve been injured by the negligent, reckless, or intentional actions of others. Through years of defending companies, Mr. Booth has a particular insight into how the insurance industry and large companies view and handle personal injury cases. Mr. Booth enjoys using his knowledge and experience to help his clients obtain the best results possible in their personal injury cases. He has successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars for accident victims. His past successes include multiple single case recoveries in the seven figures.
Mr. Booth’s practice focuses on representing victims of auto accidents, commercial truck crashes, and falls on negligently maintained properties. He also regularly represents victims of insurance bad faith. Mr. Booth has appeared in the courts of nearly every county in Western Pennsylvania. He also regularly represents clients throughout Ohio and West Virginia in state and federal courts.
Mr. Booth’s litigation career began in law school where he represented dozens of abuse victims in Protection from Abuse (PFA) actions. He also represented disabled clients before the Social Security Administration. After law school, he continued to represent abused women through his work with Neighborhood Legal Services and mentored other attorneys on how to help abuse victims. Mr. Booth has also represented students at many of the regions Colleges and Universities who were charged with violating a school’s code of conduct or honor code.
As an attorney with Chaffin Luhana LLP, Mr. Booth has been a supporter through the Chaffin Luhana Foundation of the Ronald McDonald House of Pittsburgh, which provides services to families of children undergoing medical treatment.
Patrick’s 2017 Chaffin Luhana Foundation charity donation was to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Pittsburgh. RMHC of Pittsburgh provides a place for families to call home, so they can stay close by their hospitalized children at no cost.
Reported Appellate Decisions
- Rossi v. Consolidated Rail Corporation, 2010 Ohio 5788
- Fields I v. CSX Transportation, Inc., 2010 Ohio 3877
- Fields II v. CSX Transportation, Inc., 2011 Ohio 6761
- Link v. Consolidated Rail Corporation, 2009 Ohio 6216
- Holsinger, Clark & Armstrong P.C. and Samuel Clark, Esq. v. Orange Stones Co. f/ Alcat Reentry Centers, Inc. and Kenneth Moore, 396 WDA 2012
Additional Plaintiff Successes
- $1 million settlement for two individuals injured in an ATV accident
- $435,000 settlement for single-vehicle crash victim
- $350,000 settlement for a husband and wife pedestrians struck by a vehicle
- $275,000 pro rata policy limits tender for an Ohio automobile crash victim
- $225,000 settlement for concussion victim resulting from a fall in a parking lot
- Auto and Trucking
- Premises Liability
- Insurance Bad Faith
- General Negligence Actions
Recognitions, Publications, and Lectures
- Super Lawyer Rising Stars, Pennsylvania, 2018
- Co-Author, “The Consent Requirement on a Removal Petition. PA Justice News.” Vol IX, No. 2. May 2016
- Co-Author, “Directional Drilling Raises Questions About Surface Estates.” The Legal Intelligencer, July 31, 2012
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law; J.D.; cum laude; Business Manager of Pittsburgh Law Review; Winner, Trial Moot Court; Represented dozens of women in Protection from Abuse actions; Represented Claimants in Social Security Disability hearings
- University of Maryland College Park; B.S. Finance; B.A. Government and Politics; Presidential Scholarship Recipient; College Parks Scholars Program; Scholars Dean’s Award; University Office of Judicial Programs’ Advocate of the Year
Memberships, Affiliations, and Philanthropy
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Member, West Virginia Association for Justice
- Member, InjuryBoard
- Board Member, Pittsburgh G.L.I.D.E. Program
- West Virginia
- W.D. Pennsylvania
- N.D. West Virginia
- S.D. West Virginia
- N.D. Ohio
- S.D. Ohio