Top 5 Reasons People Get into Auto Accidents
There are many reasons people get into car accidents, and while nobody ever plans for this to happen, by avoiding some dangerous actions your chances of crashing and becoming injured can decrease dramatically.
By participating in any of the negligent and reckless actions listed below, you are increasing your risk factor and taking your own life and safety, as well as the safety of other drivers, into your own hands.
Do the right thing and be a safe driver, review the list below of the top five reasons people get into accidents and take steps to avoid these irresponsible actions.
1. Distracted Driving: Texting while driving is a huge issue and one of the leading causes of traffic related deaths according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Other examples of distracted driving include, eating, drinking, talking on the phone, and applying makeup. Driving safely requires your full attention, so any activity you engage in while one the road is a dangerous distraction that could lead to a crash.
2. Driving Under the Influence: This one goes without saying, do not drink and drive, or drive under the influence of drugs. With easy ride services, like Uber and Lyft, at your fingertips, there is never a reason to get behind the wheel when intoxicated.
3. Reckless Driving: Ignoring traffic signals, running red lights, and changing lanes improperly can all lead to preventable collisions. Be a respectful driver and follow the posted traffic laws, they are there for a reason.
4. Speeding: Speeding is a major cause of traffic accidents. While many offenders are pulled over and ticketed before any real damage can occur, not everyone is caught before catastrophe strikes. Going too fast and being unable to stop in time, or even sliding off the road going around a corner, can cause crashes that lead to serious injuries or even fatalities.
5. Weather: While weather conditions are not something that can be controlled, motorists can drive more slowly and take extra precautions while navigating through snow, ice, and heavy rain. Weather is a huge cause of accidents each year, and many accidents could be prevented by reducing speeds and being more careful and vigilant when unsavory weather conditions present themselves.
If you were the victim in an auto accident due to the negligent or reckless actions of another, Chaffin Luhana may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact our law firm today for a free case review.