The 5 things to do if you’re in an automobile accident
When you get into an automobile accident, there are certain steps that are good to follow to ensure everyone’s safety, as well as to ensure you’re prepared in a potential case. Here’s our Top 5 things to do if/when an accident occurs:
1. Safety First! Your immediate priority will be to get everyone to safety and call for emergency responders.
2. Talking to the other driver: When exchanging contact/insurance information, do not apologize to the other driver – they may try to use your apology as proof that you were responsible for the crash.
3. Filing the police report: When the police arrive, you should answer all their questions honestly. Be sure to point out anything that the other driver did wrong, such as not using a turn signal or running a red light.
4. Documenting the scene: Accident documentation can help your lawyer substantiate your claim.
5. Reporting the accident: Before reporting the accident to your insurance carrier, it’s a good idea to speak with a car accident attorney. They will let you know what you should and shouldn’t say to the adjuster.
Click here to read the full article